- New Internet Extensions
- About .Nxt
.Nxt conference cancellation
It is with the greatest regret that we are announcing the cancellation of the .Nxt London conference, scheduled for 29-31 August.
Ongoing uncertainty over the new gTLD process run by ICANN - the focus of the conference - has led to fewer sponsors and confirmed attendees than at our previous two conferences and so made the event as originally planned untenable.
We would like to sincerely apologize to all attendees and sponsors. We are attempting to personally contact all those that planned to attend and will do what we can to limit the impact of the cancellation.
In order to capture months of work and provide value to the Internet community, our intent is to run some of the conference's planned sessions online, rather than in-person, over the next few months. More details will be provided as we have them.
Extensive analysis of the process, as well as ongoing Internet policy and governance issues, will also be provided on the .Nxt website.
What does £699 get a new gTLD applicant?
- Two hours legal consultation
- A tenth of a consultant’s fee
- One fiftieth of the new gTLD application fee
- 0.1 percent of the cost of launching a new extension
- A three-day pass to the .Nxt conference where you can find out everything you need to know and meet everyone you need to meet to make your extension a success.
You’re looking at spending hundreds of thousands, perhaps millions of dollars on your own piece of the domain name system. And that's just the first year!
So make the most of that investment and come to .Nxt London to learn from industry experts how best to set up and run an Internet registry, as well as gain an understanding of this exploding new market.
The conference is the first since all the new gTLD applicant details were revealed and as with the two previous conferences will feature leading names from the Internet, political, business, media and academic worlds. There will be 24 sessions over three days covering every aspect of the business of new gTLDs as broader industry and Internet governance topics.
So if you want to:
- Create a business model that works for your gTLD
- Discover how to market your extension to a new generation of customers
- Learn all you need to know about auctions, domain pricing, and the domain name industry
- Meet and network with your current and future partners