- New Internet Extensions
- About .Nxt
Crowell & Moring
Panelist for session:
John Murino is Counsel in the Washington, DC law firm Crowell and Moring LLP, where he practices in the International Dispute Resolution and Litigation groups, focusing on technology and new media matters.
John’s practice primarily involves complex civil litigation, international arbitrations, and criminal investigations representing clients in a variety of industries. He also is active in counseling clients regarding various Internet governance, domain name, and First Amendment related issues.
John's recent arbitration and litigation experience includes:
- Representing an Internet registry services company in a dispute under the ICDR International Arbitration Rules against the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN), arising out of ICANN’s improper refusal to award the sTLD <.xxx>
- Representing an information technology services provider in a multi-million dollar arbitration under the AAA Commercial Arbitration Rules arising out of a contract dispute with a technology services subcontractor
John's counseling experience includes:
- Advising Internet registry service providers on various issues related to organization, implementation, and contract compliance
- Advising corporations in their efforts to apply for, secure, and operate top level domains (TLDs)
- Advising multinational corporations and individuals regarding the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
- Advising national publications regarding various First Amendment related issues
John graduated with a bachelor's degree in Political Science and International Relations from the University of Michigan in 1998. He received his J.D., with honors, in 2001, from The George Washington University Law School, where he was a member of a journal and the Moot Court Board. Upon graduation, John served as a law clerk to the Honorable Deborah A. Robinson in the United States District Court for the District of Columbia.
John is a member of the New York and the District of Columbia Bars. He is also a member of the Hispanic National Bar Association and the Hispanic Bar Association of the District of Columbia.